Safer Recruitment training will help you employ the best candidates when recruiting new members of staff at your Mosque, Madrassah or centre. Whether you are looking to employ a manager, teacher, administrator or volunteer, it is essential those responsible for hiring are following the correct procedures to ensure the safety of your students and staff is given the highest importance during the recruitment process.
This is an essential course that puts safeguarding first and ensures you are following best practice whenever a member of staff is to be recruited. Current safeguarding guidelines require at least two members (including one board member) of an organisation to take this training every five years.
This course will cover the following:
- Recruitment overview
- Risk factors and legislation
- Preparing job descriptions
- Advertising a vacancy and application forms
- Reviewing and selecting candidates for interview
- Pre-employment checks, references and DBS
- Induction and monitoring of new staff
Attendees will receive a certificate after participating for the full duration of the course.
Duration of course: One day
Cost: £595 + VAT for up to 20 delegates
By the end of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the principles and practices of safer recruitment
- How to use safer recruitment to support safeguarding at your Madrassah
- Understand the regulations pertaining to recruitment of staff
- Assess candidates to ensure the best person is selected
- Effectively supervise staff