This course is suitable for people aged 16+ who might need to provide first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill while at work. It is ideal for organisations whose first aid needs assessment has identified a requirement for someone to hold a current emergency first aid at work qualification. It gives learners the skills and confidence to respond to a range of accidents and first aid emergencies they could encounter in the workplace.
The First Aid at Work training course provides the comprehensive set of practical skills needed by individuals in most workplaces to become a confident first aider at work. Providing both the ability and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies, this course meets the standards required to help comply with Health and Safety (First Aid) regulations. It is essential for your setting to have at least one fully-trained first aider on site at all times.
Attendees will receive a certificate valid for 3 years after participating for the full duration of the course.
Duration of course: One Day
Cost: £500 + VAT for up to 12 delegates
What Will I Learn?
Learners will develop the skills and confidence to help someone who is:
- unresponsive and not breathing, including how to use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- unresponsive and breathing
- having a seizure
- bleeding heavily
- suffering from shock
The course also includes information on:
- assessing a casualty
- monitoring a casualty
- where to get help
- electrical incidents
- accident recording and reporting
- the control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH)
By the end of this session, staff will be able to:
- Assess an emergency situation
- Identify and manage an unconscious casualty
- Perform effective CPR to a casualty in cardiac arrest
- Treat someone who is choking
- Provide First Aid to a casualty that is bleeding
- Recognise and manage shock
- Recognise and manage a casualty suffering a seizure
- Identify and provide treatment for asthma and anaphylaxis
- Understand applicable legislation for workplace First Aid