- April 4, 2020
- Posted by: Faith Associates
- Category: Uncategorized
Mosques, Islamic Centres and families are requesting volunteers to support the ghusal and burial of Muslims who have died of COVID-19 – Your help is needed urgently
JOIN THE WHATAPPS GROUP TO KEEP INFORMED
- Due to COVID-19 there is a higher demand on Muslim funeral services, hence greater numbers of volunteers are required to support the community service
- As Mosque ghusal facilities have historically been ran by elders, many of them are now in isolation hence a new pool of trained volunteers is required
- If a family experiences a COVID-19 related bereavement, they themselves may need to go into isolation, hence there may be no next of kin to take the body to the graveyard, hence volunteers may be needed to help in this situation
- For the wellbeing of volunteers, It is important to work through local Council of Mosques (CFM’s) and/or local registered funeral services. Many of the CFM’s have well established protocols to coordinate funeral services. This registration process has been established to direct people to the correct authorities.
WELLBEING OF VOLUNTEERS
- The wellbeing of volunteers is paramount, working with CFM’s or registered funeral directors who have the correct training and PPE equipment to conduct funerals and burials is critical.
- Be aware of all the risks when volunteering in this field, hence working with established bodies will mitigate against risks if you are correctly supervised, specilised COVID-19 ghusal training and PPE equipment is provided.