CBR Information

Sharing is caring!

CRB processing service for people working with young and vulnerable adults

Faith Associates is registered as an umbrella body with the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and provides a screening process to ensure the suitability of individuals for any given position of trust. CRB checks are used to identify candidates who may be unsuitable for certain types of employment, especially that involving contact with children or other vulnerable members of society.
Faith Associates provides a CRB service by processing requests on behalf of:

• Faith based institutions or community groups

• Mosques

• Madrassah teachers

• Community youth groups

• Supplementary schools

• Faith Schools

What is the difference between the various types of CRB Disclosure?

Standard CRB Check – also referred to as a Standard Disclosure – are primarily for posts that involve working with children or vulnerable adults. The Standard check contains details of all convictions held on the PNC including current and ‘spent’ convictions as well as details of any cautions, reprimands or final warnings. If a position involves working with children, the CRB check will indicate whether information is held on three government lists of those who are banned from working with children or the vulnerable.

Enhanced CRB Check – Also referred to as an Enhanced Disclosure. These are for posts that involve a far greater degree of contact with children or vulnerable adults. In general the type of work will involve regularly caring for, supervising, training or being in sole charge of such people. Examples include a Teacher, Scout or Guide leader.

How much do Faith Associates charge?

How does the process work and how long does it take?

Times for CRBs to be processed vary, but the current average is 8 to 12 weeks. Some have been returned in 2 weeks, but this is extremely rare.


What ID documents are required from the applicants?

One document is required from Section 1, and two from Section 2.

If no document from Section 1 is available, five are required from Section 2.

UK Driving Licence (full or provisional – photocards must be accompanied by paper counterparts)
UK Birth Certificate (issued within 12 months of birth)
EU Identity Card
HM Forces Card
UK Firearms Licence
Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate
Birth Certificate
UK P45/P60
Utility Bill (including mobile phone bill)
Bank/Building Society Statement
TV License
Credit/Store Card/Mail Order Statement
Insurance Certificate
Council Tax Statement
Mortgage/Financial Statement
Document from UK Central/Local Govt/Govt Agency/Local Authority giving entitlement
Vehicle Registration Document
Court Claim Form
Exam Certificate
Addressed Payslip
National Insurance Card
Benefit Book/Statement
Certificate of British Nationality
Work Permit/Visa
Connexions Card
CRB Disclosure Certificate (under 12 months old)
Letter from a Head Teacher (issued last 3 months)
Asylum Registration
Document from Government Dept (e.g. DWP, Jobcentre)

Leave a Reply

Translate »