The role of administrator provides administrative support either as part of a team or individually. This role is vital in ensuring the administration and smooth-running of the busy work at the Faith Associates office. As an administrator you will be involved with the coordination and implementation of office procedures and frequently have responsibility for specific projects and tasks. Majority of the work will require written and oral communication, word processing/typing, and will require relevant skills such as IT, organisational and presentation skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
Common tasks include:
- Using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Access, etc., to produce correspondence and documents and to maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases;
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries;
- Scheduling and attending meetings, creating agendas and taking minutes
- Keeping diaries and arranging appointments;
- Organising travel for staff.
- Photocopying and printing various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues
You will need to have:
- Strong organisational skills;presentation skills and attention to detail
- The ability to plan your own work, work on your own initiative and meet deadlines;
- The ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands and prioritise tasks and workload
- Oral and written communication skills;
- A pleasant, confident telephone manner;