Mosque Expo and Beacon Mosque Events Planner and Engagement Office
This is a dual role. It has a events management portion and a stakeholder development position in particular with the Beacon Mosque network. The Event manager portion will plan and organise a number of events in year 2022 and the other portion is work with existing Awarded Beacon Mosques and supporting in the development of emerging ones. They’re be responsible for running a range of events, such as organising conferences (Off/Online), an Expo, seminars, as well as parties and incentive trips ensuring the target audience is engaged and the message of the event is marketed properly.
You’ll manage the whole process from the planning stage, right through to running the event, bringing in sponsors and carrying out the post-event evaluation. The role is primarily hands-on and often involves working as part of a team. UK wide engage and possible overseas travel. There will be weekend and evening work and engagement in line with the requirements of the target audience.
Ideal candidate will have an understanding of the Mosque arena and have a passion for community development and raising standards.
1 year Contract with scope to extend depending on performance
Working hours and Mobility
- You’ll generally work normal office hours in the lead up to an event, but may need to work extra hours, including evenings and weekends, closer to the event.
- Part-time work is possible.
- Remote Working is possible
- Have access to their own car, able to travel overseas, have no visa restrictions
Closing date 31st July 2022
Candidates will work senior management to deliver the flagship British Beacon Mosque Awards and Mosque Expo initiatives. Deliver to targets and engage with community and corporate sectors. Look to help Mosque and Islamic centres reach their potential and aspirations within the Beacon Mosque Standards Framework. Support the training/mosque audits process across the UK & Internationally.
- Highly organised
- Managing events / project management skills
- Managing diversity and complexity
- Excellent commination skills and building relations
- Visiting Mosques to support on training/auditing
- Report writing
As an event manager and engagement officer, you’ll need to:
- liaise with stakeholders to find out their exact event requirements
- produce detailed proposals for events (including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets)
- research venues, suppliers and contractors, then negotiate prices and hire
- manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (for example, venue, catering, travel)
- liaise with promotions team to publicise and promote the event
- manage all pre-event planning, organising guest speakers and delegate packs
- coordinate suppliers, handle stakeholder queries and troubleshoot on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly and to budget
- manage a team of staff, giving full briefings
- organise facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media
- make sure that insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are followed
- oversee the dismantling and removal of the event and clear the venue efficiently
- produce post-event evaluation to inform future events
- research opportunities for stakeholders and events.
- Acquire sponsorship for events
- Engagement with Beacon Mosque Award finalists and Winners
- Develop and support aspirational Mosques acquire accreditation
- Manage internal support systems and maintain clear documentation and management oversight of programmes and campaigns
If your interested and feel you have the skills and desire to make an impact please Send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org