- November 11, 2016
- Posted by: Faith Associates
- Categories: Blog, News
Level 1 Safeguarding Training
Faith Associates successfully delivered a certified Level 1 Safeguarding and Child Protection course to Mosque and Madrassah Leaders at the Leeds City Museum on Sunday 6th November, 2016.
The course was delivered by two of Faith Associates trained Safeguarding experts, to both male and female teachers and management staff of the community centre.
The key aims of the course are to increase knowledge, awareness and the ability to act on concerns about the safety and welfare of children and young people in Islamic institutions. As well as to identify policies and good practice in Safeguarding and to develop understanding of reporting procedures.
The key objectives were to increase an understanding of the indicators of child abuse, explore the impact of abuse and neglect on children and how to support them and to gain knowledge of professional roles and responsibilities under current guidelines and county procedures.
The topics covered were:
- Aims & Objectives
- Safeguarding in Islam
- National Safeguarding Agenda
- Definition of Abuse
- Preventing Radicalisation
- Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
- E-safety (Social Media Policies & Safeguarding)
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Child Development
- Reacting to Disclosure
- Roles and Responsibilities in Islamic Institutions
- Information Sharing and Confidentiality
- Allegations Against Staff
- Summary of an Islamic Institution
For enquiries, advice or to book a Safeguarding course for your institution contact us on +44 (0) 8452 733903 or email email@example.com. For a resource and information hub dedicated to the Islamic education sector, visit Madrassah.co.uk.