- February 25, 2016
- Posted by: Faith Associates
- Category: Event
Level 1 Safeguarding & E-Safety Training
Faith Associates successfully delivered a Level 1 Safeguarding and E-Safety training course to Mosque and Madrassah Leaders in Southall to representatives of 9 Madrassahs from the Ealing and surrounding West London boroughs on the 23rd February, 2016.
The course was delivered by one of Faith Associates trained Safeguarding experts to both male and female Mosque and Madrassah leaders.
The key aims of the course are to increase knowledge, awareness and the ability to act on concerns about the safety and welfare of children and young people in Islamic institutions. To identify policies and good practice in Safeguarding and to develop understanding of reporting procedures.
The key objectives outlined by the course administrator are an increased understanding of the indicators of child abuse, to explore the impact of abuse and neglect on children and how to support them and to gain knowledge of professional and roles and responsibilities under current guidelines, country procedures and those of the Islamic institution.
The list of topics covered can be seen below:
- Aims & Objectives
- Safeguarding in Islam
- National Safeguarding Agenda
- Definition of Abuse
- Preventing Radicalisation
- Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
- E-safety (Social Media Policies & Safeguarding)
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Child Development
- Reacting to Disclosure
- Roles and Responsibilities in Islamic Institutions
- Information Sharing and Confidentiality
- Allegations Against Staff
- Summary of an Islamic Institution
All attendees are also presented with a certificate and certified in Level 1 Child Safeguarding.