- August 21, 2015
- Posted by: Faith Associates
- Categories: Blog, Charity, Leadership
The Charity Commission has provided a new three year strategy (2015-2018) to become a risk-based regulator focussed primarily on enforcement and prevention.
The charity Commission has shifted resources into monitoring and investigations, increasing the number of statutory inquires and improved collaboration with governemnt agencies, in which they have created increased powers & increased their counter-terrorism work.
They have based their three year strategy around this context.
Charity Commission Strategic priorities:
1) Protecting Charities from abuse or mismanagement
2) Enabling Trustees to run their charities effectively
3) Encouraging greater transparency and accountability by charities
4) Operating as an efficient, expert regulator with sustainable funding
The Charity Commission believe this will increase public trust and confidence in the administration of charities by their trustees.
Source: Charity Commission