- December 13, 2018
- Posted by: Ifza Tindall
- Category: News, Safeguarding
The Safeguarding Training Fund is a joint funded programme between the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) and the Big Lottery Fund. It will provide funding over two phases until 2022.
- Suitable for:
- Voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) organisations
- Funding size:
- Phase 1 applications invited up to £570,000
- Application deadline:
- Phase 1 Monday 14 January at 12.00pm
As part of the wider Government strategy to improve safeguarding practice across the voluntary sector in England, DCMS in partnership with Big Lottery Fund are investing a total of £1.14 million to improve access to training, support and advice.
This will be delivered in two phases:
Phase 1: Safeguarding resources for England
We are looking for an organisation or partnership of organisations with the track record and knowledge to develop high quality resources which will be freely available to the voluntary sector to improve safeguarding practice.
Phase 2: Safeguarding training and development
Funding to a small number of organisations or partnership(s) to share the resources developed during Phase 1 and support grassroots charities and community organisations to improve their safeguarding practice.
Overall objectives of the Safeguarding Training Fund:
- To improve awareness of good safeguarding practice through the delivery of a national and generic safeguarding training package, which will improve access to safeguarding training and support to protect both children and adults at risk, and promote a safe culture within charities.
- To extend the reach of existing resources around safeguarding, and support innovative mechanisms to deliver safeguarding training which reaches both small and large organisations.
- To provide an insight into the impact of the safeguarding training, which helps to build a long term legacy for this work and embed good safeguarding practice and awareness into the sector.
The Big Lottery Fund uses money raised by National Lottery players to support this programme and DCMS will use central Government funding.
For more information, see https://www.biglotteryfund.org.uk/funding/programmes/safeguarding-training-fund-phase-1#section-2